LakeShore East IJKL
Click link above to see updated proposed development.
Need furnished! New on the market 2 bedroom 2 bath for rent available December 1st
225 N Columbus #6606
Last night, Alderman Reilly held a meeting to unveil the new proposed plan for the remainder of the development at LakeShore East. On everyone’s mind is how will their view be affected. Major changes are coming for the Chandler, Regatta and Lancaster. The new plan actually favors the existing buildings over the previous approved plan. It will add a little over three acres of green space and offer direct access to the lakefront. It also includes a new dog park partially covered by Lake Shore Drive.
Below are some of the renderings shared at the meeting. The first photo compares the views from the existing plan to the new proposed plan.
Contact me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 927-0852.
If you missed Alderman Reilly’s meeting on June 10th, we took detailed notes for you! Here are the top takeaways for the new proposed development.
Site O – 195 N. Columbus Dr.
- 550 ft tall, 60 floors
- 569 hotel rooms
- 643 units
- 191 parking spaces
- 14,500 ft of retail space
- Pedway connection to BCBS, Aqua & the Village Market
- Residential units are rental apartments and will have direct access to LSE park
- Hotels are side by side, Hotel A is park side and Hotel B is on the Columbus Dr. side
- Hotel A offers traditional hotel rooms, 4 1/2 stars
- Hotel B will have micro hotel rooms with food and beverage service
- Construction begins first quarter of 2018
- Occupancy will begin two years after construction begins
- Retail space on the park side
- Elevator will be like the Shoreham’s and service pedestrians and access to the parking garage
- Hotel Valet will be at LL1 to lessen traffic on upper Columbus Dr.
- The parking garage entrance is the same as Aqua, the garages will connect
Sites K/L J & I
- Developed by Lendlease, in partnership with Magellan Development
- 197-301 N/ Harbor Drive and 452-500 E. Waterside Drive
- Sites K/L & J will begin construction in a year, if approved, 2 years until completion
- Site K/L has 525 rental apartments, 40 floors, 430 ft. tall
- Site J has 400 condominiums, 50 floors, 550 ft. tall
- Site I has 475 condominiums, 80 floors, 875 ft. tall and possibly 300 hotel rooms
- Will add a little over 3 acres of park space
- Includes a permanent dog park partially covered by Lake Shore Drive
- All the parking garages will connect and have one upper access point from site K/L
- All the loading docks will be at the sub level
- Site I will have a public elevator that will connect all the levels
- Principal of bKL Architecture Thomas Kerwin said the goal is “to create something as special or more special than LakeShore East Park.” He also called Site I “Iconic.”
- Will widen sidewalk on Columbus Dr. in front of Site O by 3 to 4 feet
- Will extend median in the center of Columbus Dr. to provide a breaking point for pedestrian crosswalks
- Improve intersection at South Water and Mid Columbus Dr.
- Will add north-bound traffic arrow at Upper Columbus and South Water
- Alderman Reilly stated he is working with the Mayor on a long-term plan to relocate the City of Chicago Auto Pound from Lower Wacker
- Below is a map showing the vehicular connections on the upper level
Views Views Views
Below is a photo comparing the existing plan to the previously proposed plan. The shading represents the views that will be permanent for the Chandler, Regatta & Lancaster.
I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com or (312) 927-0852.
Don’t forget! Alderman Reilly will host the meeting on the developer’s new plans at 6 p.m. on July 10 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 151 E. Wacker Drive.
450 East Waterside #2211 – CHICAGO, Illinois
Offered at $815,000
- Property Type Attached Single
- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2.1
- Year Built 2007
- Total Rooms 5
- Assessments $720
- WaterFront Yes
- Township SOUTH CHICAGO
- County Cook
Enjoy protected views of Lake, Navy Pier, River and City. Designer 2 bedroom/2.5 bath includes hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen, s/s appliances, granite, marble, w/d, crown molding, marble entry & balcony. Luxury high rise w/24 hr door staff, 2 sundecks, enclosed rooftop pool, outdoor hot tub, fitness & party room. New award winning neighborhood steps from lake, Parks, Loop & shopping. Parking space included in price
- Living Room Size 14X23
- Dining Room Size COMBO
- Kitchen Size 9X9
- Master Bedroom Size 16X13
- Approx. Square Footage 1,450
- Grade School #299
- High School #299
Ginger Menne · Baird & Warner · (312) 274-3929